Who We Are:
Travelers Aid Chicago is a program that provides resources and referrals, crisis intervention and protective travel services to over 500,000 passengers traveling through Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport each year. Services are provided by trained social service staff and dedicated volunteers.
A helping hand along the way.
Since 1851, Travelers Aid has worked around the world to help passengers in crisis. At Chicago O’Hare, we help vulnerable travelers who need guidance and support during their trip, helping them create a safe, viable plan to arrive at their destination.
Some of the populations we serve.
- Refugees, immigrants, and international visitors
- Passengers with special needs
- Runaways returning home
- Those fleeing humanitarian crises (e.g. natural disasters and violence)
- Stranded passengers
- Passengers under duress (e.g. an emotional breakdown)
- Inexperienced/first time travelers
- Victimes of theft at O’Hare Airport
Office hours & Location:
Our office is open 360 days a year. Depending on availability, we may take requests for services outside standard hours.
Saturday and Sunday: 10am-9pm
Information desk hours:
Travelers Aid Chicago
O’Hare International Airport
PO Box 66019
Chicago IL, 60666