The Heartland Alliance National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC) is dedicated to ensuring human rights protections and access to justice for all immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers. NIJC provides direct legal services to and advocates for these populations through policy reform, impact litigation, and public education. With the support of hundreds of pro bono attorneys, NIJC provides legal services to more than 10,000 individuals each year and maintains a success rate of 90 percent in obtaining asylum for those fleeing persecution in their home countries. Since its founding twenty-five years ago, NIJC has been unique in blending individual client advocacy with broad-based systemic change.
For more information available in English and Spanish:
|Acronyms / Alternate Names||NIJC|
|Division||National Immigrant Justice Center|
Comprehensive immigration legal services to detained and non-detained immigrants.
|Languages||English, Spanish, French, |
Household income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty line
|Referral / Intake|
• Individuals interested in applying for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) can register for a free pro bono clinic online at immigrantjustice.org
• Individuals seeking assistance with asylum matters should call 773-672-6555 on Thursdays at 9:00 AM until appointments are full.
• Individuals seeking assistance with matters involving unaccompanied children should call 773-672-6550 on Thursdays between 2:00 PM and 4:30 PM.
• Individuals calling about someone in immigration detention should call 312-263-0901 (collect) or 312-660-1370 on Tuesdays between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
• Individuals interested in information for LGBT immigrants (including LGBT asylum seekers) should call 773-672-6551 on Wednesdays & Fridays between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM.
|Appointments / Walk-ins|
Call 312-660-1370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Address||208 S LaSalle|
Chicago IL 60604
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM