Leland Apartments is a residential apartment building located in the Uptown neighborhood. The property has 137 affordable studios and one-bedrooms. 73 apartments are independent living with prices ranging from $337 – $661. There is a waiting list for these units, please call or ask at the front desk for status of waiting list. 14 units are subsidized through the Chicago Housing Authority. Applicants are taken from CHA’s waiting list, not ours. 50 units are subsidized by the Pathways program which is administered by Heartland Health Outreach. The waiting list is administered by the Pathways Program and is subject to their eligibility requirements.
- Laundry facilities on site
- Computer lab/resource room
- Close to public transportation
- Newly rehabbed units
- 24-hour front desk
- Depending on the type of apartment you wish to apply for, eligible applicants must have an annual income at or below 50% or 30% of annual median income. The exact dollar amount changes annually. Current income limits are noted on our pre-applications.
- Applicant must pass drug test prior to move in
- Criminal background check is completed prior to move in. Applicants will be denied for a history of arson, sexual assault, and murder.
- There is a one person maximum for studios and two person maximum for one-bedrooms.
- $30 application fee once an apartment is offered.
- Security Deposit is equal to first month’s rent
- No fee to get on Waiting List
|Applying for Services|
- All apartments have a waiting list. To get on the waiting list, please come to the building and fill out a pre-application at the front desk. Front Desk staff can answer questions about the pre-application and waiting list process. The manager will contact you by mail.You must provide a valid address or PO Box.
- Your Pre-application will be denied for the following reasons: (1) if your household size is more than two for a one-bedroom or more than one fro a studio; (2) if you do not meet the income requirements, or (3) if you do not complete the pre-application correctly or legibly.
- You will be removed from the Waiting List if you do not respond to update letters, which are sent out 3 – 4 times a year.
|Referral and Intake|
- No referral needed
- The Pre-application will ask for your name, household size, social security number, birth date, address, and monthly income.
E-mail address: MBorges@heartlandalliance.org
1207 West Leland Ave
Chicago, IL 60640
Two blocks east of the CTA Red Line, in between Lawrence and Wilson stops. Close to #81Lawrence and #78 Montrose bus routes.
- Pre-applications can be completed at the front desk 24 hours a day.
- Manager is on site 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday.
Languages spoken by staff: English
With advanced notice, Heartland Alliance services can be provided in more than 35 different languages.
Walk-ins are welcome. No appointment needed to complete pre-application.
|Walk Ins Accepted|
Walk-ins are welcome.