Heartland Alliance advocates for accessible, quality health care for all. We lift up effective approaches to serving vulnerable populations, including those experiencing homelessness, people living with addiction or mental illness, immigrants and refugees as well as other marginalized or underserved communities. Our policy and advocacy work is based on our extensive experience providing health services to vulnerable populations via community health centers and school-based clinics as well as community-based outreach, treatment and prevention programs.
Our Health Care Priorities:
- Protect and expand the gains realized by the Affordable Care Act
- Improve the Medicaid and managed care systems in Illinois
- Ensure affordable access to needed health care and behavioral health care services for all who need them – regardless of their ability to pay
- Promote evidenced-based approaches to health care interventions such as harm reduction and trauma informed care
- Address social determinants of health such as housing and food security
Sign Up for Health Insurance Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA or Obamacare):
- Wondering what you’re eligible for under the ACA (Obamacare)? If you’re in Illinois, visit www.getcoveredillinois.gov, otherwise visit www.healthcare.gov.
- Sign up for Illinois Medicaid and other state benefits here.
- Learn more about Medicaid managed care in Illinois and pick a plan here.
- Watch this video to learn more about the ACA (Obamacare) »
- Heartland Alliance Comments on the Illinois Behavioral Health Transformation Medicaid 1115 Waiver
- Fact Sheet on the Heroin Crisis Act
- Fact Sheet: How to Pay for Health Insurance Premiums on the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace » (Click here for the spanish version/haga clic aquí para descargar la versión en español)
- Heartland Alliance Comments on 1115 Waiver to Ensure Medicaid Works for All in Illinois »
- Webinar: Care Coordination: Improving Care and Lowering Costs »