Heartland Alliance also helps lead Protect Our Care Illinois, a statewide coalition that came together to combat efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act and undermine the Medicaid program.
Our Health Care Policy Priorities:
- Ensure that all individuals, regardless of characteristics, can access health care services and that no one faces financial hardship simply for seeking needed care.
- Provide the full range of health care services to everyone, from preventative and specialty care substance use disorder treatment and comprehensive mental health services.
- Promote innovative, evidence-based, and trauma-informed approaches to health care services.
- Reduce the barriers, burdens, and complexities of receiving health coverage and care.
- Address the social determinants of health such as housing instability, food insecurity, income insecurity, and social disconnectedness.
Sign Up for Health Insurance Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA or Obamacare):
- Wondering what you’re eligible for under the ACA (Obamacare)? If you’re in Illinois, visit www.getcoveredillinois.gov, otherwise visit www.healthcare.gov.
- Sign up for Illinois Medicaid and other state benefits here.
- Learn more about Medicaid managed care in Illinois and pick a plan here.
- Watch this video to learn more about the ACA and health insurance