Everyone deserves the opportunity to live a safe, healthy life. Human service programs offer critical support for families struggling to make ends meet, and for the most vulnerable in our society, including seniors, children, and people living with disabilities. These programs, including education and after-school programs, job training services, financial counseling, domestic violence services, elder care, and more, are an investment in our families and communities that helps keep Illinois strong. We advocate for a sustainable budget that will support all Illinoisans, including those who are most vulnerable.
Our Budget Priorities:
- Adequate and timely funding for human services
- Payment of past due bills to Illinois human service providers
- A new fair tax structure that could lower taxes for most Illinois residents and support Illinois’s priorities, including education, public safety, health care, and economic opportunity
- Heartland Alliance is a founding member and works in close partnership with Illinois Partners for Human Service, a statewide coalition of human services providers advocating together for quality services, adequate funding, and measurable results.
- We have also joined with the A Better Illinois coalition and Illinois legislators to call for a fair tax structure.