We advocate for an equitable financial system that helps all Illinoisans build financial security and prosperity. This includes fighting to regulate predatory financial products and practices, reforming inequitable fines and fees, and promoting policies that help families accumulate savings. Across all of these issue areas, we aim to address the growing racial wealth divide by advancing solutions that build racial equity.
As part of our financial equity work, we lead the Illinois Asset Building Group, a diverse statewide coalition committed to increasing access to the tools that families need to build financial security.
Our asset building & financial equity priorities:
• Increase access to college
• Establish universal Children Savings Accounts (CSAs)
• Build retirement security
• Advance strong consumer protections to regulate predatory financial products and practices
• Payday and auto title lending reform
• Reform inequitable fines and fees
• Increase access to safe and affordable financial products
• Strengthen credit building opportunities