Make a difference in the lives of survivors! The foods below are frequently used by the refugee/immigrant community served by Kovler Center, but not usually stocked at local food pantries. Many of these items can be found in general grocery stores or on Amazon (via Kovler Center’s wish list). Starred items are the ones most often requested. This food will be kept at the Kovler Center and go directly to individuals and families. Thank you for your support!
- *Bulk Rice (preferred to boxed, instant rice, etc.)
- Lentils-dried green, brown and red
- Flour, Sugar, Massa/Cornmeal
- FouFou or FuFu – powdered cassava root in a box or bag
- *Dried beans– black, white
- Canned chickpeas
- Canned peas
- Peanut butter– both natural and common brands
- Milk in a carton (UHT-Ultra High Temperature)-this milk has a long shelf life
- Bulk Potatoes/Onions
- *Organic soups– canned or in paper cartons, preferably organic with lower salt content
- “Maggi” cubes — similar to bouillon
- *Vegetable oil– canola, corn, sunflower
- Hot sauces—such as Sriracha
- Canned Tomatoes–Diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste (especially in tubes)
- *Canned Vegetables— Preferably low sodium
Where to Find
- Amazon — We now have a wish list that can be accessed here. Items will be shipped directly to Kovler Center.
- Devon Market 1440 W Devon Ave
- Old World Market 5129 N. Broadway
- Fresh Farms Market 2626 W. Devon Ave
- Patel Brothers 2610 W Devon Ave
Note: Pork products are generally not used by members of the community we serve.
Please contact us at 773.381.4070 with questions or to schedule a drop off.
In addition to the support of many individuals, we have many partnering organizations and congregations who sponsor our food pantry! Our current food pantry sponsor is the BVM Sisters. Thank you for your generosity! If you are interested in learning about food pantry sponsorship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org