Interested in Joining Heartland Alliance in Our Mission to End Poverty?
We can put together a volunteering event for your office. Throughout the year, we work with businesses to coordinate corporate programs of all sizes. These unique teambuilding experiences are a great way to give back to the community.
We’ll work with you to design an event that’s the best fit for your team. Past experiences have included:
- Planting a garden at a supportive housing residence
- Helping to harvest at our urban farm
- Organizing a barbeque
- Participating in an ice cream social and playing bingo with seniors
- Cooking and baking while playing board games with kids
- Spending the day as a mentor to Chicago youth
- And so many other activities
For more information, contact Sally Berkhia at 312-660-1639 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Heartland Alliance runs programs that rely on volunteer support throughout the year. We’d love your involvement with the following programs:
- Refugee & Immigrant Community Services (RICS) partners newly arrived refugees with Chicagoans to help them succeed in their new city. Learn more about RICS and how to volunteer. Download the volunteer application.
- The Marjorie Kovler Center transforms the lives of individuals recovering from the complex consequences of torture. Kovler Center provides medical, mental health and social services; leads trainings and educational sessions locally and globally; and advocates for the end of torture worldwide. Learn more about the Marjorie Kovler Center and how to volunteer.
- Travelers Aid Chicago provides travel information, crisis intervention and Protective Travel Services (PTS) to vulnerable and at-risk travelers (including refugees, immigrants, runaways returning home, injured soldiers and others) from an airside office at O’Hare International Airport in Terminal 2. Learn more about Travelers Aid Chicago and how to volunteer.
- Heartland Health Outreach (HHO) is the leading healthcare provider for individuals and families confronting homelessness. By our definition, healthcare is more than a doctor’s appointment. It also means a safe place to live, nutritious food to eat and support every step of the way.
Vital Bridges Center on Chronic Care is one of Heartland Health Outreach’s core programs that helps people throughout metropolitan Chicago impacted by HIV and AIDS by providing food, nutrition counseling, housing, care coordination and prevention services. Learn more about Vital Bridges Center on Chronic Care and Heartland Health Outreach and how to volunteer.
- Heartland Alliance’s National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC) is dedicated to ensuring human rights protections and access to justice for all immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers. Learn more about NIJC and how to volunteer.
Thank you to the many individuals and organizations who volunteer their time to help us fulfill our mission of ending poverty.