Will you be ALL IN this holiday season?
Join Heartland Alliance in our annual Adopt-A-Family and Stuff-A-Stocking campaigns and provide a memorable holiday for our most vulnerable neighbors in Chicago and Milwaukee.
Due to the incredibly generous response to the Adopt-A-Family and Stuff-A-Stocking programs, we have fulfilled the needs for all families and individuals for 2019. Please join us again for Holiday Giving Campaigns in 2020. We could not do this without you!
What is the Adopt-A-Family campaign?
The Adopt-A-Family campaign provides gifts and basic necessities to those in need during the holidays. Common wish list items include winter outerwear (coats, hats, gloves, etc.), toiletries, boots and children’s toys.
Who gets adopted?
This program helps Heartland Alliance program participants in Chicago and Milwaukee who struggle daily to make ends meet. Often, the individuals are celebrating the holidays alone and the families lack the means to provide something as basic as a holiday meal or a gift for the children. Many are immigrants or refugees experiencing their first holidays in the U.S. and/or those struggling with the effects of trauma and mental illness.
Please note: You must be a current participant in one of Heartland Alliance’s programs in Chicago, IL or Milwaukee, WI to be eligible to be “adopted.” Due to capacity, we cannot accept unsolicited requests at this time.
What is the Stuff-A-Stocking campaign?
The Stuff-A-Stocking campaign provides stockings stuffed with small, much needed items for youth and adults in our residential housing programs. For this campaign, supporters purchase the items requested by participants, stuff them into stockings, and deliver them to one Heartland Alliance Site.
What’s the difference between Adopt-A-Family and Stuff-A-Stocking?
When you participate in the Adopt-A-Family campaign, you will be purchasing, wrapping and delivering holiday gifts that have been individually requested by each participating individual or family member. For this campaign, donors typically spend between $100-$150 per individual or family member adopted.
For the Stuff-A-Stocking campaign, supporters purchase the items requested by participants, stuff them into stockings, and deliver them to one Heartland Alliance Site in early December. Donors typically spend $25 per stocking.
- Choose one or more of the following (click the appropriate link to begin):
- Adopt a family or an individual. *Note we are full for 2019
- Stuff stockings for individuals.
- If you adopt a family, we will send you a wish list to help you shop. Then you wrap and deliver the gifts to a program site (pre-arranged with us) in early December.
- If you stuff stockings, deliver the gifts to a program site (pre-arranged with us) in early December.
A few important notes:
- We are located in Chicago, IL. Participating in the Adopt-A-Family program requires the ability to drop off or ship gifts to our program locations in Chicago. We also have a few families and individuals in Milwaukee, WI that will be receiving gifts. If you are far away, but would still like to support, please consider donating gift cards (Target, Visa, other general gift cards) to assist with securing gifts for participants! Please include your email address for follow-up and send cards to:HEARTLAND ALLIANCE
Attn: Celeste A.M. Johnson
208 S. LaSalle St., Ste. 1300, Chicago, IL 60604
- Our ability to successfully run the Adopt-A-Family campaign and provide hundreds of families and individuals with gifts depends on your ability to deliver the gifts to our program sites. Due to limited resources, we cannot pick up the gifts from you. In order to make this as simple as possible, please select your preferred drop off location on the form and we will do our best to match you with a family or individual(s) with a convenient location for drop off. Stocking will be delivered to one predetermined site.
- The wish list is meant to be a guide. You are not required to purchase any/all items. If in doubt, a gift card to a grocery store (e.g. Jewel and/or Aldi) or Target/Walmart is always appreciated.
- While Heartland Alliance does not set a giving level for sponsors, we recommend that you consider spending $100-$150 per individual/family member for Adopt-A-Family and donating $25-$50 per stocking for Stuff-A-Stocking. Feel free to participate at a level with which you are comfortable.
How do I get involved?
Fill out the online form to sign up to adopt an individual or family or stuff stockings for individuals! If you Adopt-A-Family we’ll contact you to provide more details in mid-November.
For questions about Adopt-A-Family or Stuff-A-Stocking, please contact Celeste Johnson at 312-660-1390 or email@example.com.
What if I don’t have time to shop?
No problem! You can support our Holiday Giving Campaigns by making a financial contribution or donating gift cards (Target, Visa, other general gift cards) to assist with securing gifts for participants! Please include your email address for follow-up and send cards to:
Attn: Celeste A.M. Johnson
208 S. LaSalle St., Ste. 1300, Chicago, IL 60601
All contributions to Heartland Alliance are tax deductible.
You can also support our work by making a donation toward our holiday efforts.